It’s all too important to take holidays and breaks from working in your clinic but as an independent aesthetic practitioner, it can be hard to find the time or capacity to actually take the time off. We understand how valuable your time is as a practitioner, and that you also deserve to take a well-earned break and relax for as long as you need without worrying about your business.
All too often here at AR we hear of practitioners going on precious family holidays with their mobile phones which double as their business phone – resulting in constant interruptions from clients calling to book appointments and with general queries. It is OK to give yourself permission to have a well-earned rest!
Here's a checklist that you can run to make sure you have all bases covered before you go, and to avoid any last-minute panic:
- Let your patients know in advance; at their next appointment; send a newsletter letting them know the dates you are away; post the dates on social media
- Set up an 'out of office' auto reply email specifying when you're away and when you'll be able to get back to them
- Set up an out of office' auto reply voicemail on your phone specifying when you're away and when you'll be able to get back to them
- Make some diary space for last-minute summer bookings.; clients may be wanting to book treatments just a few days before they are due to go away
- Ensure clients have a way of contacting you in an emergency and that they know how to get hold of you, or what they should do if they can't get in touch with you
- Get someone else to answer your calls. Do you have the room for outsourcing your calls? Here at Aesthetic Response we take calls on behalf of our clients when they are on holiday, so they can actually relax
- Enjoy yourself!