The festive period can be one of the busiest times of the year for aesthetic practitioners, and it’s important that you can not only manage the increased demand for treatments, but also that you get your hard-earned holiday time!
The festive period can be one of the busiest times of the year for aesthetic practitioners, and it's important that you can not only manage the increased demand for treatments, but also that you get your hard-earned holiday time!
As many of your clients will also be juggling hectic schedules for Christmas, it can be daunting trying to meet all of their expectations, while also working at a reasonable pace for yourself. Here are a number of useful tips for managing your time throughout December and into January.
• Ensure that your diary time is meticulously planned right up to the New Year
• Consider contingency diary time for valued clients who might have forgotten to book. Setting this time aside will ease the pressure for if they get in touch and will allow you to keep control of your diary
• Be prepared for a 20-25% call volume increase. Ensure you respond to every call and every message that comes through!
• Consider bringing in temporary help to take your calls or answer your messages
• Send out an email/newsletter and post on your social media pages to remind your clients to book over Christmas for any events that they have, before all your appointments have gone
• Decide your policy for late bookings and stick to it for people who call a couple of days prior to an event they may have – are you happy to treat them?
• Try not to let the demands of any pushy clients infringe on your personal or family commitments. Clients will often be flexible if they realise there are limited options!
• Don't compromise on treatment times to fit in more appointments as it may affect your customer service levels
• Consider asking a friend or relative to help you out in the clinic on busy days. They could bring tea and coffee, book follow-up appointments, or take payments
• You may have more new clients than usual wanting to book one-off treatments over this period. Try to book follow-up appointments to secure their loyalty
• Ensure your clients have a way of contacting you in the case of a real emergency during this time
Hopefully there are a few tips here that you can add to your current plans for the Christmas period to help you manage the time in your clinic.